Travelling in style is, of course, vitally important. In fact, it’s second only to arriving in style – at some of the most untouched and interesting destinations along Australia’s spectacular coastline. Which is where you’ll discover another one of the Silver Discoverer’s advantages. Her svelte lines continue beneath the surface of the sea; she has a very shallow draught, which means you sail closer to the coastline for a more impressive view. You can enter the smaller inlets that are inaccessible to large cruise ships and land at places that bigger boats have to wave at in passing. Silver Discoverer also lives up to her name by having a total of 12 Zodiac boats on hand to take you on the most marvellous shore adventures. So if you choose to explore the Kimberley Coast, you can walk it as well as sail. You can discover the lesser known islands of the South Pacific and watch wildlife in remote sanctuaries. You can see the iconic sights of Auckland and the laze on the utopian beaches of Honiara/Guadalcanal.
And after a hard day’s sight-seeing? There’s nothing better than a spot of fine dining, a few drinks at the ship’s rail, an hour’s star gazing and then retiring to a truly spacious suite.
Silver Discoverer, at a glance
- Luxurious white cruise ship, completely refurbished in 2014
- Shallow draught for accessing remote areas and venturing closer to the shore
- 12 Zodiac boats for onshore adventures
- Accommodating just 120 guests in exclusive luxury
- Suites have some of the most spacious guest ratios of any luxury cruise ship
- All suites have either large portholes or picture windows giving splendid views
- Designer en suites
- Choice of dining venues including The Grill and The Restaurant, plus Discoverer Lounge
- Explorer Lounge for relaxed lectures, recaps and expedition briefings
- Pool deck with sun areas and shaded tables
- Beauty salon
- Fitness centre with leading edge equipment and personalised service
Where will Silver Discoverer take you?
- Broome to Darwin along the Kimberly Coast
- This itinerary can also be done in reverse
Please enquire here for more information.