Calling all lovers of the great outdoors, this family-run retreat provides the perfect base for exploring the wondrous rainforest and mountains of World Heritage-listed Lamington National Park.
Set high in Australia’s legendary Gold Coast hinterland, the O’Reilly’s have been hosting visitors to Lamington National Park since 1915. Still operated by third generation family members, the property has come a long way from its modest, log cabin beginnings to what is now an expansive, contemporary retreat with a well-earned reputation for nature based experiences.
Framed by Lamington’s thick rainforest, crashing waterfalls and vibrant birdlife, O’Reilly’s is perfectly positioned for early morning bird walks, glow worm excursions, zip lining, 4WD history tours and off-road Segway safaris. A highlight is the Treetop Walk which offers fabulous canopy views from 50-foot high suspension bridges. When not observing local flora and fauna, you can enjoy a massage in the sublime Lost World Day Spa or cool off in the 25-metre infinity lap pool.
O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat, at a glance
- Long-established resort set on a mountain plateau in Australia’s Gold Coast hinterland
- Still operated by third generation O’Reilly family members
- Situated on the edge of Lamington National Park
- Buildings constructed out of native timber
- 120 inviting rooms, villas and suites, most of which have outdoor decks or balconies where you can observe passing birdlife
- Huge focus on ecology, sustainability and preserving the natural environment
- Incredibly passionate naturalist guides
- Restaurant and cafe serving breakfast, lunch and dinner
For leisure and pleasure
- Activities include birdwatching, guided nature tours, zip lining, wildlife shows, Segway safaris and 4x4 excursions
- Admire the canopy views from the suspension bridges of the Treetop Walk
- Hundreds of miles of scenic hiking trails to explore around the property
- Spa offering massages and beauty treatments
- Expansive infinity plunge pool with separate children’s area
- Wine tastings at the Canungra Valley Vineyard
- Browse the natural history specimens in the Discovery Centre
- Drink in the most outstanding sunsets