A truly romantic, beachside holiday – or a honeymoon – should be one of life’s high lights. On Orpheus Island, it becomes absolutely unforgettable.
11 kilometres of stunning coastline, white sandy beaches, a World Heritage-listed marine park and a luxuriant National Park with palms that reach to the water’s edge. As you can see, Orpheus Island has some natural advantages as the perfect spot for romantics and honeymooners. And that’s before you consider the closeness of one of the world’s most phenomenal natural wonders – the Great Barrier Reef; the fringes of which are easily accessible for diving and snorkelling, without going offshore.
So, will you spend your day discovering a vividly colourful undersea world, and your evenings indulging in a private dinner for two, on a candlelit pier, with the ocean at your feet and the stars twinkling overhead? Will you choose idyllic picnics, or a sunset cruise around this romantic island?
Orpheus Island, at a glance
- Lovely setting in the magical waters of the Great Barrier Reef, just 80 km north of Townsville
- Beachfront rooms, suites and villas for only 34 guests at any one time
- Ultra-chic, minimalist, white décor
- Elegant en suites
- Private terraces with Coral Sea views
- Gourmet restaurant serving dishes featuring freshly caught and locally grown produce
For leisure and pleasure
- Infinity swimming pool with sea views
- Spectacular snorkelling and diving on the reef
- Catamarans, kayaks, motorised dinghies all available
- Fishing trips
- Sunset and local island cruises
- Private dining experiences and picnics
- Research station and cultural tours