In Hotel d’Urville you could be in tribal Africa, magical Asia, at sea or even in a previous era. All without leaving Marlborough’s most interesting town.
Put the Hotel d’Urville on the itinerary of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to New Zealand and you have a choice of continents in which to sleep. The hotel’s 11 guest rooms have been, idiosyncratically but beautifully, styled to reflect Cuba, African, Asian, nautical and retro themes. You could even sleep in New Zealand – in a lovely room paying tongue-in-cheek reference to Kiwi kitsch. So the décor is eye-catching, and the levels of comfort are exemplary.
But Hotel d’Urville also puts you in the centre of Blenheim, one of the prettiest country towns in the whole of Marlborough. It’s an Art Deco-style masterpiece - originally built in the 1920s – and is close to all the local attractions, the historic sites, the sight-seeing opportunities, shops and restaurants of town.
Hotel d’Urville, at a glance
- Splendidly idiosyncratic, boutique hotel in the centre of Blenheim’s attractive business district
- Originally the 1920s, Art Deco, Old Public Trust Building
- Choice of just 11 exclusive rooms each decorated in its own, unique style
- Choose from African, Asian, nautical, Cuban, retro, New Zealand kitsch, Venus de Milo, angel, wine or designer colour themes
- Style with a sense of humour, as well as design
- Wonderful food complimented by world class wines, served in d’Urvilles Restaurant
- Arthurs restaurant and bar
For leisure and pleasure
- Landmark, colonnaded building set on Queen Street – the perfect location for enjoying the attractions of busy Blenheim
- Minutes from the shops, stores and markets of a typical Marlborough country town
- Museum and galleries, historic attractions and sight-seeing
- Perfect for touring the surrounding countryside
- Day trips from Blenheim to Nelson