Where will you stay? In an olive house with its own press? In a tree house surrounded by Manuka trees? Or a lodge room with a double-sized Japanese bathtub?
At Hapuku Lodge you have the choice of waking in a tree house, 30 feet off the ground amidst a canopy of fragrant Manuka trees, or opening your eyes in the Hapuku room – in time to catch the view of the sunrise as it gilds the Kaikoura Mountains. You can also choose to spend your day indulging in any number of unforgettable experiences.
Include Hapuku Lodge on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to New Zealand and you could find yourself hovering over a dramatic coastline in a helicopter, looking out for pods of whales in the blue sea beneath you. You could go swimming with seals, watch soaring albatross, take a kayak out to sea, set off on a wine tour or try surfing in fabled Mangamaunu Bay.
Hapuku Lodge, at a glance
- Five star lodge in a beautiful setting between the Kaikoura Seaward Mountain Range and Mangamaunu Bay
- Choice of different styles of accommodation
- Main Lodge has a lodge room with expansive en suite including a double-sized Japanese soaking tub, lodge suites with separate dining area and bedrooms with fabulous views, and the Hapuku room overlooking the deer paddock, mountains and coast
- Tree houses are built 30 feet up amidst the Manuka grove canopy
- Olive house has two storeys with an open plan apartment above an olive press
- Great restaurant serving dishes that include fresh local ingredients and seasonal vegetables
For leisure and pleasure
- The world famous surfing opportunities of Mangamaunu Bay are just a kilometre away
- Perfect base camp for embarking on marine safaris
- Go whale watching and albatross spotting
- Swim with dolphins and acrobatic seals
- Gain a deep insight into local Maori culture
- Sea kayaking and deep sea fishing expeditions
- Explore the surrounding countryside by mountain bike or quad bike
- Helicopter flights over the spectacular coastline
- Star gazing tours
- Scenic drives to neighbouring wine regions