There are many parts of New Zealand that call to mind a time gone by. At Otahuna Lodge you’ll be staying in a perfect example of Victorian-style architecture.
As you approach Otahuna Lodge you’re charmed by the picturebook quality of the period architecture. Tile hung walls and grey slate roofs complement the white wooden clap-boarding. Ornate upper windows decorate the grand bays. Stone steps lead up to an arched porch, itself surmounted by a first floor, galleried veranda. There are decorative brick chimneys that wouldn’t look out of place on an English manor house, and inside the ‘slice-of-history’ theme continues with original 19th century fireplaces, carved inglenooks and stained glass windows.
But make Otahuna Lodge part of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to New Zealand and you’ll have plenty of modern comforts too and easy access to all the opportunities of the pretty city of Christchurch.
Otahuna Lodge, at a glance
- Small and intimate, five star lodge nestling on the Banks Peninsular
- Choice of just five suites and two master suites – all with period architectural features
- Original 19th century ornate fireplaces, carved inglenooks and stained glass windows
- Super king-sized beds and en suite bathrooms with baths and rain showers
- Cuisine focusses on the best of New Zealand produce with vegetables from Otahuna’s own garden
For leisure and pleasure
- Heated swimming pool and spa
- Fine base for exploring the picturesque seaside town of Akaro and Arthur’s Pass
- Tours of the estate’s magnificent gardens, established over a century ago
- Trips to the botanical gardens of Christchurch and surrounding area
- Cooking classes with a top chef
- Four golf courses within easy reach
- Fly fishing with a local guide
- Heli-touring to see whales, Canterbury and the awesome Mount Cook
- Horse riding, hiking and biking expeditions
- Vineyard tours