Breckenridge Lodge has a total fixation with comfort, sumptuous chef-created food and fine wine. Well, it is set in the heart of the fabled wine country of Hawke’s Bay.
Pre-dinner drinks designed to whet your appetite. A thoroughly indulgent degustation menu stretching over five courses - accompanied by carefully chosen wine highlighting the Hawke’s Bay area’s finest vintages. A chef whose dedication to fresh, seasonal and regional ingredients borders on fanaticism.
Decide to stay at Breckenridge Lodge during your luxury, tailor-made holiday to New Zealand and you could be forgiven for thinking you’ve reserved a place in foodie nirvana. But, of course, there’s more. The countryside surrounding Breckenridge is breath-taking. The picturesque Omarunui Valley rolls open before your eyes, the pretty Art Deco city of Napier is a short drive away; the unspoiled, typically New Zealand towns of Hastings and Taradale are also easily accessible. And, in the distance, the regal Kaweka Ranges frame the horizon.
Breckenridge Lodge, at a glance
- Four star lodge set on the edge of rolling vineyards
- A few minutes’ drive from Napier, Hastings and Taradale
- Choice of five luxurious guest rooms with spectacular views over rolling vineyards and majestic countryside
- Private balconies for relaxing and drinking in the view
- Simple, stylish décor with a rustic Kiwi theme
- Generous en suite bathrooms
- Air conditioning
- Airy dining room specialising in fresh, regional and seasonal cuisine and well selected wines – plus delicious views
For leisure and pleasure
- Two acres of wild gardens with original sculptures to explore
- Visits to historic Napier, billed as the Art Deco capital of the Southern Hemisphere
- Wine tours of the country’s most established wine producing region
- Over 200 km of cycling trails along the coast or through the vineyards
- Choice of three superb golf courses within easy reach
- Maori cultural tours including a private Waimarama tour to learn about tribal legends and history from a Waimarama elder
- Horse riding, nature walks and hiking through wonderful countryside
- Fishing expeditions and farmers’ market visits