A former family home converted into a superb luxury lodge, Peppers on the Point offers spectacular views across Lake Rotorua to the historic Mokoia Island.
This 1930’s mansion retains a sense of its history with original features and furniture throughout. Large entertaining rooms with open fireplaces, a timber-panelled dining room and magnificent staircase all add to the property’s timeless appeal. Rooms and suites are individually decorated and have a homely, lived-in feel, all with stunning views of the lake from a balcony. With such a relaxed and tranquil ambience, it’s hard to believe that the city of Rotorua is less than a ten-minute drive away.
Kayaking, horse riding and nature walks are all on your doorstep. Without leaving the lodge’s surrounds you can fish for rainbow trout off the private beach, enjoy water sports and tennis or spend your day boating. Fine dining is a speciality of Peppers on the Point. Fabulous New Zealand cuisine is accompanied by the finest wines, both New Zealand and international. Choose to dine either in the main dining room mingling with other guests, a private dining room, in the privacy of your suite, the wine cellar or, in warmer weather, al fresco overlooking the stunning lake.
Peppers on the Point, at a glance
- Classic lodge exquisitely converted from a 1930s mansion
- Panoramic views over Lake Rotorua and the sacred Mokoia Island
- Accommodation comprises a four-bedroom villa, two-bedroom apartment and nine suites, all with stunning lake views
- Each suite has an inviting lounge area, underfloor heating, ensuite bathroom and spa bath
- Sophisticated decor blending antiques and original furnishings with modern art
- Fine dining featuring fresh regional produce and New Zealand wines
- Timber-panelled dining room
- Short drive out of the centre of Rotorua
For leisure and pleasure
- Mini gymnasium and tennis courts onsite
- Secluded beach, shoreline and jetty
- Fishing, kayaking and boating on the sparkling lake
- Immerse yourself in Rotorua’s golf courses, redwood forests and lakes
- Golf at the Rotorua Golf Club “Arikikapakapa”
- Scenic helicopter or floatplane flights
- Relax by the open fireplace in the large communal lounge
- Enjoy a rejuvenating massage or beauty treatment
- Enjoy nature walks around the lodge’s expansive grounds, meeting the donkeys, miniature horses, sheep and chickens