The scale and the natural beauty of Fjordland will take your breath away. And at the heart of it all, overlooking Lake Te Anau, is Fjordland Lodge.
Spread out before the front of Fjordland Lodge is a view that epitomises the scale and majesty of one of New Zealand’s most scenic regions. A huge fjord, so still it mirrors the ancient pine trees on the far bank, stretches away from you, winding its way from Lake Te Anau towards a snow-capped mountain range.
But turn your back on the view, trek up the hillside behind Fjordland Lodge and you’ll have the opportunity to photograph the lodge in situ. A real benefit when it comes to describing the awesome beauty of the place you stayed at on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to New Zealand. You’ll also be able to tell your friends about the adventures, the great outdoors, the warm welcome and the irresistible food at Fjordland Lodge.
Fjordland Lodge, at a glance
- Five star lodge set in a World Heritage area of great natural beauty
- Convenient access to Te Anau
- Choice of just nine lodge rooms, an executive suite and two log cabins high on the hillside with spectacular views
- Lodge rooms have either private balconies or lawns
- Suite has commanding lake views and a separate lounge
- Cabins are ideal for families or groups
- Natural wood construction, tree trunk pillars
- High ceilings and huge windows invite the great outdoors inside
- Dining room serving fine food using local produce, plus well-chosen wine
For leisure and pleasure
- The ideal base for exploring the wonderful surrounding countryside, including Milford Sound, Doubtful Sound and Fjordland National Park
- Hiking along woodland tracks and guided nature walks
- Milford, Kepler and Routeburn tracks start within minutes of the lodge
- Scenic helicopter flights over Milford Sound and beyond
- Visits to cascading waterfalls, plunging black fjords and Glowworm Caves
- Kayaking and boat cruises along selected fjords
- Guided fly fishing, Fish Jet experience and wilderness cruises