With phenomenal stargazing, world-class fly fishing and thrilling gliding adventures all on the menu, The Lindis offers the ultimate high country experience on New Zealand’s South Island.
Hidden from view in the beautiful Ahuriri Valley, The Lindis provides a contemporary haven where guests are invited to escape the bustle of modern life. Guests are promised an intimate, personalised experience with just five suites to choose from, each comfortably appointed with dark natural woods, super king beds, gas fireplaces and outdoor seating areas. For something yet more private, opt for one of the individual “pods” just beyond the main lodge. Beautifully secluded, they have mirrored glass walls on three sides offering breathtaking views across the valley’s beech forests, tussocks and mountains.
The array of activities on offer is truly impressive. Hike, mountain or horse ride across the high-country farmland, enjoy world-class fly fishing or, for the truly adventurous, take to the skies in a glider for a soaring adventure around Mt Cook or Milford Sound. Thanks to its remote location and dark, clear skies, stargazing at The Lindis is simply magical.
The Lindis, at a glance
• Architecturally striking lodge in the pristine Ahuriri Valley
• Surrounded on three sides by conservation parks
• Set on nearly 50,000 hectares of rugged mountain country in the South Island
• Two large master suites and three lodge suites
• All fitted with private indoor and outdoor seating areas, en-suite bathrooms, gas fireplaces, super king-size beds with fur throws and floor-to-ceiling windows
• Individual pods just off the main lodge with mirrored glass walls, king-size beds, private outdoor bathtubs and outdoor seating areas
• Uninterrupted valley views
• Refined, New Zealand cuisine using only the freshest ingredients from local suppliers and the onsite garden
For leisure and pleasure
• Horse trekking catered to various riding abilities
• Gliding experiences
• World-class fly-fishing in the Ahuriri River which runs right alongside the lodge
• Great guided and self-guided hiking opportunities
• Explore the valley by e-bike
• Discover the valley’s unique flora and fauna on an ecological tour
• Buggy tours
• Impressive wine cellar