It’s hard to believe that Spicers Sangoma is just an hours’ drive away from Sydney. Surrounded on all sides by the native bushland of the heritage-listed Blue Mountains, this tranquil, all-inclusive property feels fully immersed in nature.
Named after the Zulu word for ‘healer’, Spicers Sangoma Retreat is a place to reset, recharge your batteries and reconnect with nature. Set in the foothills of Australia’s Blue Mountains, the property offers a medley of outdoor experiences that range from professionally-guided rock climbing to rainforest hikes, as well as more leisurely pursuits such as watercolour painting classes, private yoga sessions and wine tastings. There’s even an on-site spa where treatments ‘embody the essence of the Australian bushland’. Delicious gourmet meals are prepared from only the best local produce.
Framed by native forest, the lavish guest suites are spacious and open-plan, with natural furnishings and full-width, floor-to-ceiling windows that invite the outside world in. Heated floors, custom-made king beds and sleek ensuite bathrooms with rain showers are just a few of the amenities you can expect. The two-storey Chief Suite is the star attraction, complete with a private heated plunge pool, kitchenette and views that stretch, on a clear day, all the way out to the twinkling Sydney skyline.
Spicers Sangoma Retreat, at a glance
- Eco-friendly adults-only retreat set in the beautiful Blue Mountains in New South Wales
- Modern Australian restaurant with local, organic and sustainable produce at its heart, with ingredients sourced from farms in the historic Hawkesbury region
- Six lavish open-plan suites and glamping tents with African-inspired decor, Australian artwork and uninterrupted views over the native forest
- Amenities include custom-made king beds, underfloor heating, fireplaces, luxurious Apelles amenities and Bose sound systems
- Spacious outdoor decks with sun loungers and spectacular forest views
- Large ensuite bathrooms with standalone bathtubs and rain showers
For leisure and pleasure
- Full-day private tours in luxury 4WDs to explore the Blue Mountains World Heritage region, including visits to Mt Banks, Blackheath, Grose Valley and Leura Village
- Explore ancient rainforests and picturesque waterfalls on full-day guided hiking tours
- Go rock climbing, abseiling and canyoning with professional guides
- Enjoy soothing massages in the spa or in the comfort of your own suite
- Spend chilly evenings by the open fire in the cosy main lounge, or roasting marshmallows outside
- Take a dip in the infinity pool overlooking the valley or make use of the sauna
- Take part in a relaxing wine and watercolour painting class
- Enjoy a private yoga and meditation sessions with expert instructors in your suite or out in nature
- Sample fine Australian wines on a ‘prestige wine tasting experience’