Stay at the upscale, adults-only Sea Dragon Lodge and you’ll have the wonderful wildlife of Kangaroo Island literally on your doorstep.
A family-run, boutique eco-resort in the far east of Kangaroo Island, Sea Dragon Lodge lies on a secluded 250-acre seafront estate with private beach access. There are several walking trails on the property itself, and you won’t have to go far to spot the island’s iconic wildlife with kangaroos, possums, wallabies and echidnas roaming freely about the picturesque grounds. Nearby local attractions include Cape Willoughby Lighthouse, Devil’s Kitchen and Windmill Bay. Explore independently or choose from one of the property’s bespoke 4WD tours.
A two-minute walk will bring you to the pristine beach at Pink Bay where you can swim, snorkel and sunbathe – keeping an eye out for passing dolphins and seals. A handful of self-contained, multi-bedroom villas and apartments make up the accommodation. All have spacious, open-plan living areas adorned with local artwork, as well as large decks where you can enjoy BBQ lunches and take in the stunning ocean views. There are fully equipped kitchens for those who are self-catering, but the lodge can also deliver home-cooked style meals – prepared onsite from fresh local ingredients – straight to your villa.
Sea Dragon Lodge, at a glance
- High-end lodge set on a 250-acre coastal estate with stunning ocean views
- The only seafront accommodation in Kangaroo Island with its own private beach
- Range of luxurious eco-villas and apartments
- Spacious living areas and lounges, private decks, picture windows and local artwork
- Fully equipped kitchens and pantries perfect for self-catering
- The lodge also offers pre-ordered, home-cooked meal hampers and BBQ packs
- A 30 minute drive from the ferry terminal and 60 minutes from Kingscote Airport
For leisure and pleasure
- A short walk from the property’s private beach – the perfect sundowner spot
- Private 4WD tours and bespoke itineraries
- Incredible wildlife and birdwatching on the doorstep
- Walking trails to nearby attractions including Cape Willoughby lighthouse, Devil’s Kitchen and Windmill Bay
- Spot dolphins and other marine creatures in Pink Bay
- Enjoy swimming, fishing and snorkelling