The enormity of the Nepalese landscape stretches away in front of you – the mighty, snow-capped mountains of the Annapurna Range rising like a tumultuous sea in the distance.
Whatever draws you to the idea of trekking through the uplands of Nepal, you’ll find Basanta Lodge will fulfil your most preciously-held expectations. The extraordinary Annapurna Range of soaring mountains, with their valleys that fade into deep blue and peaks that glitter in the golden sunshine will test your abilities as a photographer. The panoramic views (as well as the altitude) will take your breath away if you’re a lover of powerful scenery. And the challenges of trekking through the remotest of mountain regions will satisfy your need for out-of-the-way adventure.
Head for Basanta Lodge on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Nepal and you’ll be presented with a choice of trekking destinations, as well as a base that is small, yet beautifully comfortable and suitably scenic.
Basanta Lodge, at a glance
- Small but perfectly comfortable hikers’ lodge set high in the Annapurna Mountains
- Close to the traditional village of Dhampus
- Choice of only eight guest rooms
- All have well designed en suite bathrooms
- Spectacular views of the surrounding countryside
- Cosy accommodation with down jackets, scarves and hats provided
- Thoughtful details like hot water bottles
- Hearty, family-style cuisine including Nepalese specialities, served in a welcoming dining room
For leisure and pleasure
- Luxuriant gardens for relaxing and admiring the views
- Wide range of trekking and hiking programmes, including expeditions led by professional Gurkah guides
- Sherpa porters to carry essential baggage
- Choice of nature walks to discover the flora and fauna of the uplands
- Hiking through thick forests of bamboo, conifers and rhododendron
- Farming demonstrations on the tiered hillsides
- Trekking in the Phedi and Mardi Valleys
- Cultural visits to Dhampus village