Oozing old-world glamour, the iconic and famously pink Mount Nelson Hotel lies at the foot of Cape Town’s forbidding Table Mountain.
First opened back in 1899, the villa-style Mount Nelson Hotel has hosted everyone from Nelson Mandela to John Lennon, earning itself a loyal following along the way. The tastefully restored English colonial interiors make way for perfectly manicured gardens, whilst the extensive facilities include two tennis courts, a gorgeous spa, 24-hour fitness room and two heated swimming pools. The convenient location puts you within easy reach of the city’s colourful markets, golden beaches and fabulous restaurants.
The Lord Nelson Restaurant showcases the best of local ingredients in an elegant, fine dining setting, whilst the Planet Bar opens onto a lovely terrace. The hotel also boasts Cape Town’s best high tea - think aromatic loose-leaf tea, opera cake and mini eclairs - in the cosy lounge. Mount Nelson continues to impress when it comes to the accommodation. 198 rooms and suites spread across several wings offer light, airy spaces fitted with four-poster beds, Venetian mirrors, warming fireplaces, plush leather furniture and sunny balconies. The Penthouse Suite has the best Table Mountain views, whilst the secluded garden cottage suites provide the perfect retreat for couples.
Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel, at a glance
- Historic Cape Town hotel located at the foot of Table Mountain with a lush garden setting
- Convenient location just a 15-minute walk from the city centre
- Elegant colonial decor featuring original period fittings, potted palms, quality upholstery and plenty of mirrors
- 198 individually designed rooms and suites fitted with balconies, comfy beds and plush leather furniture
- Dine on locally inspired, seasonal dishes at the spectacular Lord Nelson Restaurant, or sit at the Chef’s Table for a fun interactive experience
- Enjoy local classics in the alfresco Oasis Bistro overlooking the gardens and pool
- The lounge offers light bites and legendary afternoon tea
- 20 minutes from Cape Town International Airport
For leisure and pleasure
- Indulgent Librisa Spa offering a wide range of holistic treatments
- Enjoy a swim in either of the hotel’s two swimming pools
- Two tennis courts
- Fitness room with cardiovascular and weight training equipment
- Wander the hotel’s seven acres of beautiful gardens, lawns and rose bushes
- Within walking distance of the city’s vibrant Kloof, Long and Bree streets
- Browse the outdoor sculpture exhibit