The fragrance of orchids permeates the grounds. The sound of cascading water is never far away – the gardens of Gaia River Lodge feature a river and picturesque waterfall.
You’re sitting on a rock, beside a pool surrounded by dense green jungle. A waterfall catches the sun. Exotic birds flitter through the branches of the trees. These are just a few glimpses of the paradise known as Gaia River Lodge – it has tropical gardens that stretch off to a picturesque river and a wonderful, waterfall-fed jungle pool.
Plan to stay at Gaia on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Belize and you can experience an idyll that is picture perfect, as well as offering a range of involving activities. So you could find yourself riding a horse along a quiet trail through natural wilderness, or taking a hydro-tram through the depths of the rainforest. Or exploring the ancient civilisation of the Mayans, or simply relaxing in a hammock.
Gaia River Lodge, at a glance
- One of the most celebrated eco-tourist lodges in Belize
- Nestling in landscaped grounds in the scenic Mountain Pine Ridge Forest Reserve
- Choice of just 16 beautifully-appointed cabanas perched on the edge of a valley overlooking the Five Sisters Waterfall
- Traditional thatched roofs and Belizean hardwoods
- Private verandas with comfy hammocks
- En suites with hand-painted Mexican tiling
- Riverside villa on the secluded banks of Privassion Creek
- Lamp-lit dining room with spectacular views over the waterfall
- On site Mayan organic garden
For leisure and pleasure
- Nature walks along the Gaia River to discover the cascading Five Sisters Waterfall
- Swimming in crystal pools surrounded by forest
- Gardens full of flowering shrubs, established trees, indigenous plants and exotic orchids
- Trips through the rainforest on a hydro-powered tram
- Day trips to the ancient ruins of the Mayan civilisation
- On site spa offering a range of restorative treatments
- Complimentary bikes
- Zip-lining and cave exploration
- Horse riding along wilderness trails
- Boating and wildlife watching on the nearby river