A beach front resort on the secluded Ambergris Caye Island of northern Belize, with cabanas or elegant suites, to suit your every need.
Portofino is a haven of tranquility on the northern coast of Ambergris Caye, one of the most beautiful islands along the entire Belize Barrier Reef. This is the second largest barrier reef in the world so you can expect some of the most remarkable underwater experiences to be found anywhere – including the stunning Blue Hole that Jacques Cousteau made famous with his voyages aboard Calypso, and a teeming and multi-coloured marine life protected by the spectacular reef
Above the surface; a wonderful beach – one of the finest in the Caribbean – will draw you into lazy days of sun worship. In the evening, more delights. You can hop by boat from your quiet resort to the lively town with its shops, excellent local seafood restaurants and inviting nightlife.
Portofino, at a glance
- Superb dive setting, just north of San Pedro
- 17 beach rooms with hand thatched palapa roofs, picture windows overlooking the sea, en suites with Mexican tiling, private decks with hammocks overlooking the beach
- Rooms range from beach cabanas and treetop suites to a spacious two-storey mansion for groups and families
- One truly romantic VIP honeymoon suite including a vast bed, Jacuzzi and special bathroom
For leisure and pleasure
- Brilliant reef and atoll diving and snorkelling on the world’s second largest barrier reef
- Lagoon with huge range of colourful tropical bird species
- Salt water fly fishing, reef and deep sea fishing for marlin, billfish and wahoo
- Tours of Mayan ruins, rainforests, wildlife reserves and national parks
- Cave exploration by kayak or inflatable tube to discover incredible underground ‘cathedrals’