Just outside the colourful town of Puerto Viejo, on Costa Rica’s dazzling Caribbean coast is Hotel Aguas Claras. A boutique guest house, within walking distance of the warm waters and golden sands of the Caribbean.
Hotel Aguas Claras is a charming and unique boutique hotel, just a 45 minute drive from the closest airport in Limón and a ten minute drive from the laidback town of Puerto Viejo.
The accommodation comprises of stilted bungalows, decorated using colourful artwork, reclaimed furniture and handcrafted ornaments. In the hotel's tropical gardens are six houses which are ideal for families as well as six-themed suites, which are built around the pool. All of the rooms have been uniquely designed and decorated, but all feature king beds with organic cotton sheets, air-conditioning and Wi-Fi.
Next to the pool is Papaya restaurant, where guests can enjoy an innovative menu exploring the best of fusion cuisine. Taste flavours of the world, using fresh local ingredients.
Costa Rica's Caribbean coast is less developed than the Pacific, but Hotel Aguas Claras is the ideal base for those looking to discover the region. Snorkel in the crystal clear coral reefs nearby, learn to surf or just ride a bicycle and explore the colourful town of Puerto Viejo.
Nearby is a Jaguar Rescue Centre, and further afield trips can be organised to the magnificent Cahuita National Park (25 minutes away by car) where snorkelling, fishing and long walks are offered by experienced guides.
If you want to try SUP or swimming, you can go to Manzanillo beach in the morning (just a 10 minute car ride from the hotel). In the afternoon walk into the Gandoca National Park and swim in its various natural pools. The day ends overlooking the ocean, as the sun sets into the tranquil waters of the Caribbean.
Hotel Aguas Claras, for leisure and pleasure
- Charming boutique hotel on Costa Rica's Caribbean coast
- Just a 45 minute drive from the closest airport at Limón
- Colourful and charming rooms, ideal for couples, groups and families
- Outdoor swimming pool surrounded by tropical plants
- Restaurant serving exciting local cuisine
- Only a short drive or bike ride to the town of Puerto Viejo
At a glance
- Within walking distance of the beach at Playa Chiquita
- Snorkelling, swimming and surfing in the Caribbean
- Use the hotel's bikes or walk to the town of Puerto Viejo, where there are shops, bars and restaurants
- Explore the Cahuita National Park
- Visit the jaguar rescue centre