Your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Costa Rica takes you aboard a raft, through dashing white waters to an astonishing destination. Pacuare Lodge can be reached by jeep, but most people travel via the river – itself an arrival that adds to your sense of adventure.
And what an adventure it is. You’ll sail into dense jungle where trees overhang the swirling water, through surging ravines and past crystal waterfalls. At Pacuare Lodge you’ll be surrounded – literally – by over 740 acres of pristine rainforest wilderness, home to a huge array of multi-coloured birds and forest wildlife.
You’ll also be pampered. Pacuare is the height of luxury, in the treetops. There are private pools, truly romantic honeymoon suites and open air, candlelit dining on the banks of the river itself.
Pacuare Lodge, at a glance
- Extraordinary, luxury jungle lodge on the banks of the Pacuare River
- Choice of suites, bungalows and jungle view rooms with en suites, private terraces, tented beds and up-close views of the forest canopy
- Suites typically have spacious bathrooms plus outdoor showers, private decks, living rooms and sweeping forest and river panoramas
- Bungalows are palm-thatched with private terraces, indoor and al fresco showers and virtually 360º views
- Fantastic cuisine and romantic dinners
For leisure and pleasure
- Private, infinity edge pools
- Multi-day rafting tours
- Horse riding excursions
- Treks to indigenous Cabécar Indian communities
- Rainforest canopy tour with zip lining
- Nature trails through 740 acres of pristine forest
- Superb bird and butterfly watching and wildlife spotting opportunities
- Sustainable wildlife and cultural support programmes