As soon as you step foot inside the hotel you’ll understand why the Santa Isabel would appeal to the (presumably) widely varying tastes of an American President and one of the godfathers of Heavy Metal rock music. It has all the grace of a long past colonial era, in every detail of its architecture and its soft pink façade; its carriage-style lanterns and its archaic grilled windows. But the Santa Isabel also has all the contemporary style and modern conveniences that, as one of today’s well-travelled visitors, you would expect of a place with such a distinguished guest list.
As a destination on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Cuba, you’ll also find this one-time aristocratic palace offers you a haven of peace amidst busy central Havana.
Hotel Santa Isabel, at a glance
- 19th century aristocratic palace in the heart of Havana, just 25 km from the airport
- Crystal chandeliers, ornate furnishings and a grand marbled staircase
- Choice of 27 rooms and suites
- Great city views, tiled floors, air conditioning and stylish en suite bathrooms
- Suites typically overlook Plaza de Armas
- Great a la carte restaurant, cafeteria and cool bar
For leisure and pleasure
- Solarium and TV room
- Central courtyard with sparkling fountain for complete peace
- A short stroll from the many landmarks for which the historic centre of Havana is famous
- Next to the sea wall giving fabulous views over the Caribbean
- The theatre, cathedral, cigar factory, salsa bars, nightlife, parks and squares are all easily accessible on foot or in a classic American taxi