A simple cabin, but ideally positioned for exploring the sleepy town of Viñales and the lush valley of Cuba’s lesser explored Pinar del Rio province.
Villa Secreta is a rustic cabaña in the Viñales Valley, surrounded by tropical vegetation and tobacco plantations. An area which receives very little tourism compared to other parts of the country, the accommodation here is understandably simple. That said, the stand-alone cabin has an en suite bathroom, air-conditioning and a mini-bar. It is serviced daily and guests can enjoy a simple breakfast outside and enjoy the spectacular views.
An authentic experience where guests are invited to discover the surrounding nature and see ‘real’ Cuba. At Villa Secreta guests will wake up to the sound of farm animals, roll cigars with local tobacco farmers or explore the valleys and fields on horseback. There is a huge amount to see and do in the area, and the landscape is dominated by the impressive sight of mogotes (tall and steep-sided limestone hills found in the valley).
A completely different setting and feel to Havana and the Cayes, the three hour journey from the capital is well worth it for those looking for a more in-depth tour of the island.
Villa Secreta, at a glance
- Rustic cabin overlooking the Viñales Valley
- Simple accommodation but excellent location and views
- Outdoor eating and lounge area
- Serviced daily
- Just 2km from the main town
For leisure and pleasure
- Explore the lush Viñales Valley on foot or by horse back
- Mountain biking
- Visit a tobacco farm and learn the skill of cigar rolling
- Enjoy tapas and drinks in the town of Viñales