Not difficult to see why it was named Encantada, you may think to yourself as you look around this charming boutique hotel with its courtyard garden and pool, elegant lounge and splendid rooms. Perhaps its captivating setting in the midst of the 16th century Spanish colonial city of Antigua has something to do with it?
The real answer may have been lost over time, but today you’ll be delighted to find yourself in an elegant hotel, standing just a few minutes stroll from the Central Plaza; one of the most salubrious areas of this UNESCO-designated World Heritage City.
From the Encantada you can easily walk to artisan markets, the National Museum and any number of beautifully restored ruins, Baroque churches and convents. Or arrange excursions into the surrounding countryside.
Casa Encantada, at a glance
- Central setting just 45 minutes from Guatemala City International Airport
- Just nine individually decorated guest rooms with king or queen poster beds, natural stone bathrooms with walk-in showers, views over the garden or lily pond
- One roof terrace suite with large bedroom and opulent sitting area, plus magnificent views towards the cathedral and volcanoes
For leisure and pleasure
- Perfect base for discovering the cobbled streets, impressive sights, markets, restaurants and nightlife of this fascinating city
- Excursions to visit ancient Mayan ruins
- Volcano hiking, mountain biking, river kayaking, golf and deep sea fishing can all be arranged