The winner of numerous awards – and accolades from some of the world’s most prominent leaders – this boutique hotel is a colonial inn par excellence. It has a guest book full of illustrious names, and it is easy to see why.
The Angel will look after you, as if you were its only guest. You’ll find the colonial-style living room quickly becomes as comfortable as your very own. The dining room is a cosy, stone-walled affair serving a great breakfast, featuring local delicacies as well as international fare.
You can also expect to be looked after by a knowledgeable and all-encompassing concierge service that will give you the benefit of their local knowledge, guiding you to the city’s most impressive – and sometimes hidden – sights; the best restaurants, the most interesting volcano excursions.
Posada del Angel, at a glance
- Perfect location in one of Antigua’s most upmarket areas
- Choice of just seven guest rooms and suites
- Typical features of the larger suites include luxurious Guatemalan-style décor, original wooden floors and antique furnishings, wood burning fireplaces in the bedrooms and en suite bathrooms, private terraces with fantastic volcano views
- Quaint, chapel-style breakfast and dining room
For leisure and pleasure
- Tempting lap pool heated by solar panels
- Colonial living room for relaxing in front of the fire
- Sun terrace with views of the volcanoes surrounding Antigua
- Sun downer cocktails from the bar
- Excursions to all the most impressive, and some little known, city sights
- Tours of the volcanoes and surrounding countryside arranged