A small and luxurious boutique hotel in the heart of Guatemala’s Antigua, Posada del Angel has played host to some of the most influential characters from around the world.
Posada del Ángel was one of the original boutique hotels in Antigua and is still one of the best, offering a private ambiance with excellent personal service.
There are just six standard rooms and a master Suite on the upper terrace with stunning views of the three surrounding volcanoes. Each room is beautifully decorated with colourful textiles, carved hardwood furniture, and spacious bathrooms. Some feature ornate fireplaces and comfy armchairs, while the Rose Suite boasts a Jacuzzi and its own private terrace. All the rooms on the ground floor surround a cozy library and a relaxing lap pool to read a good book by. This small, intimate bed and breakfast is only a short walk from the central square.
Posada del Angel, at a glance
- Perfect location in one of Antigua’s most upmarket areas
- Choice of just seven guest rooms and suites
- Typical features of the larger suites include luxurious Guatemalan-style décor, original wooden floors and antique furnishings, wood burning fireplaces in the bedrooms and en suite bathrooms, private terraces with fantastic volcano views
- Quaint, chapel-style breakfast and dining room
For leisure and pleasure
- Tempting lap pool heated by solar panels
- Colonial living room for relaxing in front of the fire
- Sun terrace with views of the volcanoes surrounding Antigua
- Sun downer cocktails from the bar
- Excursions to all the most impressive, and some little known, city sights
- Tours of the volcanoes and surrounding countryside arranged