A transformed 19th-century hacienda, Chablé Resort today is a stunning sanctuary nestled amidst a vast expanse of gardens and forest.
The design, inspired by traditional Mayan architecture, combines the original hacienda features with chic limestone walls and modern wood panelling. Each of the elegant casitas and villas enjoys a view over the forest through floor-to-ceiling windows, plus an outdoor shower, terrace and refreshing private pool. From your room, you can take to the streets in a hired bike or discover the region’s crumbling Mayan ruins which include the formidable Chichen Itza and Uxmal.
There's also cookery classes and tennis courts to enjoy, as well as an incredible spa which is the undisputed high point of any stay here. Housed within a cenote - a natural sinkhole sacred to the Mayans - the Chablé Spa is a sophisticated haven where personalised treatments are inspired by both old rituals and advanced techniques.
Chablé Resort & Spa, at a glance
• Stylish spa retreat where days are spent enjoying the natural surroundings
• Situated close to the historic centre of Merida on the Yucatan Peninsula
• 38 beautifully furnished casitas and two large villas amidst 750 acres of verdant gardens
• Every room has a view, hammocks, private pools and an outside area
• Original 19th-century walls from the working hacienda remain
• Modern touches combine with warm woods and traditional Mayan design
• Choice of restaurants serving seasonal, organic dishes using ingredients from the on-site garden
For leisure and pleasure
• Various forms of yoga
• Unique spa within a cenote (subterranean natural swimming hole)
• Steam room and sauna
• Explore the museums and Mayan ruins of nearby Merida
• Huge tennis court
• Large swimming pool with sun terrace
• Cookery classes in the kitchen of a genuine Maya home
• Art and meditation workshops
• Cycling trails
• Home to one of the world’s largest private tequila collections