Located in the northern Yucatán peninsula, Hacienda San Jose is the ideal base for visits to the magnificent sites of Chichen Itza, Uxmal and Dzibichaltun.
A beautiful former sisal estate in the little town of Tixkokob, Hacienda San Jose has been beautifully transformed into a luxury hotel. Overlooking the old courtyard and gardens, each of the 15 rooms has original 18-foot vaulted ceilings and cool mosaic floors, and is beautifully decorated in traditional Mexican decor. Generously sized windows let in ample natural light, whilst suites add a private terrace and plunge pool. Delicious meals are served on the colonnaded terrace overlooking the breathtaking gardens.
Mérida is under an hour away, as well as the world-famous Chichen Itza archaeological site, making for some wonderful day trips. Private tours guided by archaeologists, historians and field experts can be arranged, as well as diving in sacred Mayan cenotes and cooking classes with acclaimed chefs. Between excursions, you can cool off in the impressive swimming pool nestled beside a 100-year old orchard, or enjoy a mid-afternoon siesta in one of the native hammocks. There’s also a delightful thatched spa cabin offering natural, 100% organic treatments.
Hacienda San Jose, at a glance
- Enchanting boutique hotel, and historical plantation house, located in the northern Yucatan peninsula
- Framed by palm-lined dirt paths and lush tropical gardens
- Charming guestrooms with 18-foot ceilings, beautiful wooden beds, cool tiled floors and tropical hardwood cabinets
- Spacious bathrooms with natural stone sinks
- Blend of regional and international cuisine prepared using organic ingredients taken from the onsite orchards
- 45 minutes away from Mérida
For leisure and pleasure
- Day trips to Merida, the Chichen Itza archaeological site, Uxmal and Dzibichaltun
- Cooking classes with celebrated chefs
- Diving in Mayan sacred cenotes
- Private tours guided by archaeologists, historians and field experts
- Sparkling outdoor swimming pool
- Native hammocks to doze in on your private terrace
- Enjoy a couple’s massage in the outdoor spa cabin