Bathe in sun-warmed water. Take tea in the immaculate gardens. Visit the renowned UNESCO Monarch Butterfly Sanctuary. Rancho San Cayetano offers you a high point…of relaxation.
On the other hand, if you do feel like exerting yourself you can take a stroll through the immaculate, 13-acre gardens, past the fish-shaped pool and on to the stairway that leads down to the highly photogenic San Isidro River. The stairway is 108 steps down, and worth the journey – but it is also 108 steps back up to the hotel!
Make Rancho San Cayetano part of your tailor-made holiday to Mexico and you’ll have time to relax. You’ll also be able to visit the magnificent, UNESCO-acclaimed Monarch Butterfly Sanctuary, or discover the wonders of nearby Coatepec de Morelos with its quaint, 16th century church and colonial buildings. Or take guided tours to the magnificent hills and valleys that surround this excellent hotel.
Rancho San Cayetano, at a glance
- Close to the famous Monarch Butterfly Sanctuary – a designated UNESCO World Heritage Natural Site
- Quiet hotel set in 13 acres of Mexican countryside
- Just over 100 miles from Mexico City
- Choice of nine spacious rooms and six separate cabins
- Rooms have classic décor and furnishings
- Many rooms also have fireplaces and garden views
- Elegant en suite bathrooms
- Cabins accommodate between two and five guests, and offer kitchens or kitchenettes
- Beamed ceilings and natural stone walls
- Classic dining room and refreshments served in the gardens
For leisure and pleasure
- Sun-warmed swimming pool
- Spa with range of treatments including massage
- Excellent place for exploring the interesting old city of Zitacuaro
- Immaculate grounds with fish pool and stairway leading down to the picturesque San Isidro River
- Near to fascinating local markets providing a glimpse into the traditional way of life
- Historic, 16th century church and ancient sites within reach
- Panoramic views of mountains, valleys and an extinct volcano