Restored from a 17th century convent, El Convento is modern in its luxury and style, right in the heart of the colourful city of León.
Take a stroll around the hotel’s manicured gardens, listening to the evening bird song, and you’ll experience a feeling of calm serenity that has been passed down through the centuries, from the original Franciscan Brothers and, later, the Reverend Mothers of the Assumption. The convent buildings have now disappeared, and in their place is a luxury, city centre hotel that has been designed to respect the architectural and colonial features of the original, grand old building.
Today’s El Convento has much that recommends it to your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Nicaragua – including a setting amidst the sights and glamour of León. It’s the perfect place from which to absorb the atmosphere of the city, and the most tranquil spot to return to, at the end of the day.
Hotel El Convento, at a glance
- Luxury, boutique hotel set in the city centre
- Choice of 31 executive rooms, each with two queen-sized beds, en suite bathrooms, cable TV and free WiFi
- One suite with king-size bed, great bathroom and spacious lounge area
- Restaurant El Victoriano serving gourmet international dishes in a refined atmosphere
- Welcoming café
For leisure and pleasure
- Access to beautiful gardens
- Minutes from the colourful sights of León
- Walking distance from the magnificent cathedral and myriad churches
- Close to the museums, galleries, shops, restaurants, bars and nightlife of the city
- Great base for exploring the surrounding countryside with its volcanoes, beaches, nature reserves, lakes and ruined cities