There are few more delightful places in the whole of Panama than the Archipiélago de Chiriqui. And in the archipelago itself is a rather special, pristine island with, at its very tip, a magical hotel.
Cala Mia is a tiny collection of only 11 thatched bungalows nestling beneath waving tropical palms – each a few steps from the beach and inviting sea. Cala Mia’s irresistible spa is similarly accessible; on the next island, which you can reach via a quaint rope suspension bridge.
Slightly further afield, you can also go beach hopping, surfing, mangrove exploring or even horse riding. Travel for just 15 minutes by boat and you’ll be able to immerse yourself in another of the archipelago’s wonders – its unexploited Marine Park, a must-dive destination and a renowned sport fishing spot.
Cala Mia, at a glance
- Incredibly beautiful, beach setting in an archipelago of unspoiled islands
- Only 11 thatched bungalows
- Spacious bedrooms with carved columns, ranch-style rest areas and colourfully decorated bathrooms with big showers
- Verandas with hammocks and over-sized sofas
- Restaurant and bar with high level sea views and excellent food
For leisure and pleasure
- Superb spa with wide range of services
- Surfing and scuba diving in a Marine Park
- Fantastic sport fishing and deep sea fishing off the Banks of Coiba
- Island hopping to discover untouched ‘private’ beaches
- Great bird watching
- Horse riding through 7500 acres of stunning, rolling countryside
- Giant mangrove tours