Ever since it first opened its doors more than 150 years ago, Iwaso has offered visitors to Miyajima a taste of authentic Japanese hospitality.
Iwaso sits peacefully amidst the vibrant maple trees of Momijidani Park. The ryokan-style guestrooms match the tranquil surroundings with their simple decor, traditional latticework and antique windows looking out onto the lush greenery. The property’s hot spring baths are equally serene, partly open-air and with lovely forest views. As you soak in the healing mineral waters keep an eye out for the occasional passing deer.
Choose to stay at this charming guesthouse on your luxury, tailor-made holiday and you’ll find yourself within walking distance of the celebrated Itsukushima Shrine. There’s no shortage of beautiful nature walks to enjoy in the surrounding national park, but you can also while the hours away with a good book in the cosy tea lounge and library.
Iwaso, at a glance
• 150-year-old traditional wooden ryokan on the island of Miyajima
• 38 Japanese-style guestrooms and individual cottages spread across several buildings
• Traditional Japanese design including sliding doors, tatami mats, futon beds and latticework
• Some rooms feature private hot spring tubs
• Some rooms have private bathrooms whilst others are sharing
• Modern amenities including TVs and air conditioning
• Excellent seasonal cuisine prepared kaiseki-style with fresh ingredients
• Breakfast and dinner served in your room
For leisure and pleasure
• Indoor and outdoor hot spring baths
• Countless nature walks on your doorstep
• Take a walk to the famous Itsukushima Shrine, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
• Yukata robes and slippers on arrival
• Massages on request
• Purchase locally made handicrafts at the souvenir shop