Wonderfully converted from what was a sugar mill in the 1960s, the Alila Yangshuo meets all the expectations of a high-end resort in this much-eulogised corner of China. Expect modern facilities, beautifully appointed guestrooms and fantastic excursions.
The Alila Yangshuo is a chic riverside property enveloped by the rural splendour of Yangshuo, whose awe-inspiring karst landscape bordered by the peaceful Li River resembles that of a beautiful Chinese painting. Down river from the celebrated city of Guilin, Yangshuo offers a quieter, arguably more authentic, taste of rural China. Alila Yangshuo encourages its guests to make the most out of the region by offering a selection of carefully crafted activities. From painting and tai chi classes to guided tours of traditional markets where merchants pile their bamboo rafts high with goods, you can be sure of a truly immersive experience.
Meals are served in the laidback Sugar House restaurant, which used to be the sugar pressing room in days gone by. The farm-to-table menu, featuring both Chinese and international dishes, makes full use of seasonal, local ingredients. Guestrooms and suites are stylishly simple and comfortably furnished, all fitted with modern amenities such as LCD cable TVs and Wi-Fi.
Alila Yangshuo, at a glance
- Elegant and contemporary resort nestled by the river in the beautiful region of Yangshuo
- Enclosed by a stunning landscape of karst mountains, verdant hills and meandering rivers
- 117 well-appointed rooms and suites including one dedicated family suite
- Featuring neutral colours and local materials such as bamboo and handmade bricks
- Amenities include LCD cable TVs, telephones, in-room safe, minibar, and coffee/tea-making facilities
- All-day dining Sugar House restaurant with an outdoor terrace
- 1969 Bar serving sugar and rum-themed cocktails
For leisure and pleasure
- Variety of tailored activities and excursions spread across five themes: cultural learning, conscious living, active spirits, culinary arts and couple celebration
- A subterranean spa – inspired by the region’s caves – where guests can enjoy traditional Balinese treatments and massages
- Take a guided tour of the old sugar house
- Visit the Fuli Town Market
- Explore ancient towns and experience age-old traditions
- Gym and outdoor swimming pool with breathtaking views
- Play area for kids
- Relaxing library