To experience the HOSHINOYA Ryokan is to take part in a vision. The idea that classical Japanese hospitality and culture can be infused with contemporary style.
As soon as you walk into the HOSHINOYA you’ll realise that the history and the most tranquil aspects of Japanese culture can indeed inspire contemporary design, and blend seamlessly with modern ideas of luxury and convenience.
Make the HOSHINOYA Ryokan part of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Japan and you’ll be carried by private boat along a gently-flowing river to Arashiyama – arriving at a picturesque retreat; one of the most beautiful hideaways in the whole of Kyoto. Once inside you’ll be treated to rooms that reflect traditional design, giving openness and a sense of peace, combined with sympathetic furnishings that are more familiar to Western eyes. You’ll also be able to experience authentic cuisine using seasonal ingredients and international ideas; and an interesting array of activities and excursions.
HOSHINOYA Ryokan, at a glance
- Riverside idyll surrounded by mountains
- Close to the historic city of Kyoto
- Choice of individually designed and furnished guest rooms and suites
- Ranging from fabulous two storey, corner maisonettes and deluxe suites with private studies, to suites with huge observation areas and rooms with ultra-modern décor
- Cosy single rooms
- Splendid views over the peaceful Ooi River and ever-changing seasonal landscapes
- Dining room with wonderfully authentic seasonal food
For leisure and pleasure
- Guided tour of Kyoto with its hundreds of Buddhist temples and Shinto shrines, museums and galleries, palaces and gardens, shops and markets
- Star Festival with live music on the terrace
- Moon-gazing dinner at a private temple
- Day and moonlight rickshaw rides through Arashiyama and Sagano
- Traditional geisha tea ceremony
- Kimono walks through the old town
- Boating on Ooi River and Hozu Ravine