Beautifully re-imagined for the modern-day, the sparkling Fairmont Peace Hotel has been a landmark property in Shanghai since its creation in the 1930s.
Old fashioned glamour meets sleek, 21st-century design at this Art Deco masterpiece. Each high-ceilinged guestroom and suite has been meticulously decorated with sumptuous furnishings, marble bathrooms and modern amenities. Leisure facilities include an indoor swimming pool, a fitness centre, yoga studio and luxurious Willow Stream Spa where modern beauty treatments draw on ancient Chinese healing methods. You can even waltz the afternoon away in the marble-floored Jasmine Lounge, a revival of the famous Afternoon Tea Dance popular with the high society of 1930's Shanghai.
With an enviable location on the riverside Bund, the Fairmont Peace Hotel has easy access to Shanghai’s finest attractions, including the premier shopping area of Nanjing Road. There’s no need to dine out with no less than five excellent restaurants and lounges at your fingertips, from quintessential Chinese cuisine at the Dragon Phoenix to delicately hand-crafted French pastries at Victor’s Café.
Fairmont Peace Hotel, at a glance
- Timeless, Art Deco-style luxury hotel with an 80-year-old history on the Bund
- Originally called The Cathay
- Fabulous views overlooking the Pudong area and Huangpu River
- 270 opulent guestrooms, including 39 suites
- Amenities include goose-down/hypo-allergenic pillows, plush bathrobes, high-speed Wi-Fi, Le Labo Rose 31 bath amenities, iPod docking stations and flat-screen TVs
- Dragon Phoenix restaurant serving excellent Shanghainese and Cantonese cuisine
- The ninth-floor Cathay Room has superb views of the Bund
For leisure and pleasure
- Easy access to famous attractions including Yu Gardens, Xintiandi and the Nanjing Road shopping district
- Live music Jazz Bar reminiscent of the private clubs of the 20s and 30s
- Enjoy traditional high tea in the Jasmine Lounge
- Saturday Tea Dance in the elegant Jasmine Lounge
- 1,008 square metre Willow Stream Spa with a sky-lit indoor swimming pool and hydrotherapy area
- Fully equipped fitness centre offering personal training
- Rooftop tai chi
- Peace Museum showcasing collected items and memorabilia of the hotel’s past