Framed by beautifully landscaped gardens, the Shangri-La Hotel offers 439 elegantly appointed and spacious guestrooms on the banks of the serene Li River.
Surrounded by gorgeous mountain, river and limestone karst scenery, The Shangri-La Hotel is the wonderful base from which to immerse yourself in Guilin’s much-eulogised countryside. The rooms are some of the largest in the city and feature a modern oriental design with chic marble bathrooms. Be sure to opt for a river-facing room for the best views across the sparkling water.
Facilities at the Shangri-La are extensive and include four excellent restaurants, live teppanyaki cooking stations, a fully equipped gym, indoor and outdoor swimming pools and a luxurious aromatherapy spa offering a comprehensive menu of European and Asian treatments. Activities include visits to local fishing villages and scenic boat trips on the Li River to admire the wonderful scenery. Return to the hotel for a spot of afternoon tea in the inviting lobby lounge!
The Shangri-La Hotel, at a glance
- Upscale hotel with distinct Chinese-style architecture
- Located on the outskirts of Guilin town with mesmerising views of the sparkling Li River
- Two restaurants offering a mixture of both international, regional and Cantonese dishes
- 439 spacious guestrooms with superb views of either the gardens or the Li River
- Four restaurants and bars, including the signature Shang Palace restaurant which serves deliciously spicy Cantonese cuisine
- U Bar offering a wide choice of beers and a grill
- 45 minutes’ drive from Guilin Liangjiang International Airport
For leisure and pleasure
- Take serene boat cruises on the Li River to soak in the magnificent karst scenery
- Visit local fishing villages to experience their traditional way of life
- Enjoy afternoon tea in the lobby lounge
- Fully equipped health club featuring a state-of-the-art gym
- Indoor and outdoor swimming pools with a separate pool for children
- Games lounge and beauty salon
- Mini zoo and botanical garden
- Kid’s club
- Spa offering both western and eastern aromatherapy treatments