This intimate mobile camp occupies a remote corner of the northern Serengeti, just a few miles from where vast herds of wildebeest cross the Mara River during the Great Migration.
As well as grandstand views of the Great Migration’s breathtaking river crossings, the game-viewing in surrounding area is outstanding, and guests have even been known to spot all of the Big Five in a single day. Alongside the enormous numbers of wildebeest, topi and zebra that roam these beautiful open plains, fig trees and rocky hillsides, the camp has access to the predator-rich Lamai Wedge and Kogakuria Kopjes.
Set in the shade of grand acacia trees, and built seamlessly into the rocks of the Kogakuria Kopje, the property comprises just six meru-style tents that have been simply furnished in an authentic safari style. The whole property can be booked on an exclusive basis, making it the perfect choice for families or groups seeking a more private safari. As with all Serian properties, the guiding is first-class, with game drives and bush walks both on the menu.
Serian’s Serengeti Lamai, at a glance
- Seasonal mobile camp set under majestic acacia trees in the Lamai Wedge
- Located just one kilometre from the Mara River above Crossing Point 4
- Four tents and two suites with ensuite facilities and private verandas
- Amenities include large wrought-iron double beds, writing desks and patterned cushions
- Elegant mess tent with a lounge, dining area and bar
- Panoramic views out over the Mara River Valley and Lamai Wedge
- Operates between mid-June and mid-November
For leisure and pleasure
- World-class guiding, with the exclusive use of a safari vehicle and tracker during your stay
- Front row view of the dramatic river crossings of the Great Migration
- Close to the stunning Lamai Wedge and Wogakuria Kopjes, known for their big cat population
- First-class game drives
- Walking safaris offering a detailed insight into the smaller aspects of the bush
- Adventurous fly camping