Set on the southern edge of Etosha National Park, Andersson’s at Ongava is a fine model of luxury eco-tourism. Here you can relax in splendid suites, track rhinos and meet some of the continent’s leading conservation scientists.
Everything at Andersson's at Ongava is founded on the principles of conservation and sustainability, and guests are invited to take part at the adjacent Ongava Research Centre. Here guests can meet the resident scientists and researchers who work tirelessly to protect the region’s endangered species. You can visit rhino security personal, examine the exhibitions and listen to naturalist-led talks and presentations. Other activities include game drives in Etosha National Park and night drives, birdwatching and guided nature walks on the private Ongava Reserve.
The theme of discovery continues in the luxury guest suites. Inspired by a naturalist’s home, each is furnished with scientific journals and published papers, as well as indoor and outdoor showers and private viewing decks offering scenic panoramas over the reserve. All of the communal areas, from the open-air dining room to the spacious lounge and infinity-edge swimming, look out over a busy waterhole, allowing for sheltered, unobtrusive wildlife viewing. There’s also an underground photographic hide where you can be at eye-level with passing wildlife.
Andersson's at Ongava, at a glance
- Exclusive eco-lodge with a fabulous location on the private Ongava Reserve
- Adjacent to Etosha National Park
- Just eight luxury guest suites with ensuite facilities, indoor and outdoor showers, writing desks, double vanity basins and mosquito nets
- Fantastic views over a busy waterhole
- Open-air dining area and spacious lounge
- On-site Ongava Research Centre designed to protect and learn more about the endangered species of the area
For leisure and pleasure
- Nature walks and game drives on the private reserve
- Rhino tracking
- Infinity-edge swimming pool and surrounding lounge area
- Superb sunken observation terrace
- Open fireplace
- Curio shop