As well as one of the best sunset views in the country, Onguma The Fort lays claim to incredible big game viewing with a prime location on the private Onguma Nature Reserve.
More Moroccan riad in design than classic safari camp, Onguma The Fort stands out against the stark Etosha landscape with its massive raw walls, tower and beautiful stone-cladding. Guests are accommodated in 12 suites, each of which sits 50 metres apart to ensure total privacy. Amenities include spacious bathrooms (indoor and outdoor showers included), air-conditioning and wooden decks where you can soak in the sensational sunsets from comfy loungers.
Bordering the renowned Etosha National Park, the reserve is 34,000 hectares of pure, game-dense wilderness. When you’re not enjoying guided game drives and interpretive bush walks on the reserve, you can while the hours away by the pool, in the cosy sitting room or library. The property’s fantastic water-level hide is the perfect spot to capture up-close photographs of passing impala, zebra and lions.
Onguma The Fort, at a glance
- Isolated, high-end safari lodge positioned in the heart of the private Onguma Nature Reserve
- Easy access to the incredible Etosha National Park
- Unique Moroccan-Afro design with North African ceramics and stone cladding
- 11 sumptuous suites and one beautifully designed honeymoon suite
- All rooms enjoy enchanting views of the waterhole and Etosha pan
- Indoor and outdoor showers
- Rooms are equipped with fireplaces for the winter months and air coolers for the summer
- Enjoy delicious meals alfresco in the dining area, around the pool or in the courtyard
For leisure and pleasure
- Guided game drives in Etosha National Park
- Sunset drives
- Interpretative bush walks on the reserve with knowledgeable guides
- Spectacular water hole overlooking Fishers’ Pan
- Swimming pool
- Fantastic water-level hide
- Boutique store
- Inviting library and sitting room with excellent views of the waterhole
- Well-stocked wine cellar