Despite lying mere minutes from the heart of Windhoek, Namibia’s River Crossing Lodge enjoys a serene rural setting on a 6,500-hectare game reserve.
Fashioned after a traditional German farmhouse, the lodge consists of just 20 guest chalets equipped with eco-conscious amenities, plush feather duvets and small balconies overlooking the natural surroundings. The U-shaped main building comprises a dining room, freestanding bar and lounge strewn with comfy leather sofas. Beyond lies the lap pool and elevated wooden deck where you can drink in a fantastic view across the Moltkeblick Mountain in one direction, and the twinkling lights of Windhoek in the other.
The reserve itself is home to various flora and 19 different species of game, so keep your eyes peeled for oryx, antelope, giraffe, wildebeest and the occasional leopard or cheetah on your morning and afternoon game drives. To get even closer to nature, you can choose to explore the reserve on foot in the company of an experienced guide, or experience the thrill of riding horseback. Mountain biking can also be arranged.
River Crossing Lodge, at a glance
- Tranquil hilltop hotel set on a 6,500-hectare game reserve
- 20 individual guest chalets, each with an ensuite bathroom
- Spacious, simply styled interiors with polished concrete floors and textured fabrics
- Elevated wooden deck and floor-to-ceiling windows offer incredible views towards Windhoek and the surrounding mountains
- Lounge with a fireplace, leather sofas and dark-wood furniture
- Alfresco dining on the terrace
For leisure and pleasure
- Rectangular swimming pool framed by a patio
- Morning and afternoon game drives offer beautiful views and encounters with various wildlife
- Guided and self-guided nature walks
- Sundowner excursions
- Horseback rides for experienced and novice riders alike
- Mountain biking