Set amid exotic gardens on Zanzibar’s tranquil southeast coast, Breezes Beach Club & Spa is the ideal fit for those dreaming of a romantic escape or post-safari hideaway.
Overlooking a powdery white sand beach and aquamarine seas, Breezes is celebrated for its picture-perfect location, intimate dining, personalised service and gorgeous Zanzibari decor. Here you can really leave the stresses of modern life behind, whether you choose to laze by the freeform pool or get pampered in the Frangipani Spa where professional therapists are on hand to deliver Thai and Balinese massages. Otherwise, there are a myriad of activities to keep you busy. As well as floodlit tennis court and fitness centre, Breezes has its own ‘Water Club’ with certified instructors in windsurfing, kite surfing, snorkelling and sailing.
Rooms are spacious, fully air-conditioned and tastefully decorated in a laidback Zanzibari style with ivory tones, cotton throws and teak carvings. Deluxe rooms enjoy a closer setting to the beach, but all have terraces or balconies with lush views over the gardens and ocean. From a fresh seafood barbeque at Breakers Grill to delicious Indian and Swahili flavours at the Sultan’s Table, Breezes has some impressive dining options. Refreshing drinks can be enjoyed at the Safari or Dhow Bar, whilst the Chai Room serves a delicious menu of tea, coffee and cakes. Evenings typically feature low-key entertainment from local performers.
Breezes Beach Club & Spa, at a glance
• Large resort hotel set on the celebrated Bwejuu Beach on Zanzibar’s serene southeast coast
• Set amid tropical landscaped gardens just an hour’s distance away from Stone Town
• 70 fully air-conditioned rooms and suites with ensuite bathrooms
• Tasteful Zanzibar decor featuring intricate carvings, glistening brass fittings and rich fabrics
• Four restaurants, three bars and a coffee lounge
• Daily changing menus and food inspired by traditional Zanzibari cuisine
• Just an hours’ distance away from Stone Town
For leisure and pleasure
• Award-winning Frangipani Spa offering an array of rejuvenating treatments
• Fitness and aerobics centre, a large swimming pool and a floodlit tennis court
• Beautiful white sand beach dotted with shaded loungers
• Marine activities centre offering kitesurfing, windsurfing, sailing and pedalos
• PADI diving centre offering diving and snorkelling equipment and tuition
• Frisbee, beach-tennis and swimming-pool volleyball
• Bikes available for exploring the local villages
• Cultural entertainment by local dancers, acrobats, live bands and musicians