Experience real barefoot luxury at Zanzibar’s Elewena Kilindi and its gorgeous, white-domed guest pavilions.
Originally built for ABBA member Benny Andersson, Elewena Kilindi’s design is a unique blend of Scandinavian minimalism and Middle Eastern-style architecture. Interiors are open-faced and free-flowing, encouraging a ‘back-to-nature’ ambience. Nestled among acres of tropical gardens are the guest pavilions with their private plunge pools and rainfall showers. Each comes fitted with wide-arched, glassless windows that not only frame dreamy Indian Ocean views, but let in a wonderful sea breeze.
Elewna Kilindi also boasts an expansive infinity pool overlooking the ocean, as well as a spa where guests can indulge in authentic African treatments. Overlooking the pool is the Main Pavilion with its ‘waterfall bar’ and alfresco dining terrace. Meals can also be enjoyed along the white sands of the private beach that runs the length of the property.
Throughout your stay, you’ll be looked after by dedicated private butlers who are also able to arrange a variety of activities such as historical tours, snorkelling excursions and sunset cruises in traditional dhows.
Elewana Kilindi, at a glance
- Stylish boutique hotel set on the northwest coast of Zanzibar
- 15 incredibly private guest pavilions set among a 50-acre tropical garden
- Each room has its own private plunge pool and sun terrace
- Beautiful bathrooms with refreshing rainfall showers
- Shuttered windows opening onto magnificent ocean views
- Dedicated butler room service
- Al fresco dining on the terrace or on the powder white beach
- Fresh seafood dishes and international cuisine infused with local spices
- Sundowners in the cocktail bar
For leisure and pleasure
- 500m stretch of private beach
- 25 metre infinity pool overlooking the Indian Ocean
- Indulgent spa programs and authentic African treatments at the Kilindi Spa
- Array of water-based activities including snorkelling, scuba diving, deep sea fishing, jet skiing, water skiing and knee boarding
- Private sunset dhow cruises and small sailing catamarans
- Historical tours around Stone Town and day trips to Jozani Forest