Bordered by nearly four kilometres of lakeshore frontage, Changa Safari Camp has an enchanting location on the banks of stunning Lake Kariba within Matusadona National Park – sanctuary to a wide variety of wildlife.
Positioned in a secluded corner of the park, this intimate camp offers guests a truly authentic safari experience in an unspoilt and serene natural setting. With daily game drives, bush walks and boat rides on the menu (all alongside experienced guides) there are plenty of opportunities for up-close sightings of monkeys, elephants, lions, cheetah, zebras and – if you’re lucky – the elusive leopard. You can even try your hand at tiger fishing, or visit the nearby scenic Sanyati Gorge for some superb birdwatching.
Accommodating a total of 24 guests at any one time, Changa Safari Camp strives to provide a more personalised, home-away-from-home experience. The use of natural materials - including Zimbabwe’s finest teak - allows the property to sit in harmony with its environment. The eight large tents come in classic olive canvas with private decks, hammocks, outdoor showers and “under the stars” bathtubs. Breakfast and lunch are both served al fresco in the open-air dining room, whilst dinners can be enjoyed on the private beach or around the inviting swimming pool.
Changa Safari Camp, at a glance
- Family-owned, authentic safari camp located on a private concession area
- Exquisitely remote location within Matusadona National Park on the banks of Lake Kariba
- Team of expert and experienced guides
- 24 guests accommodated in six luxurious standard tents and two sets of interconnecting family tents
- Individually decorated in an East African style with unique furnishings
- Bathrooms feature double basins, separate toilets and showers
- Outdoor bathtubs with candles and decorative tiles
- Private decks with stunning lake and mountain views
- Separate lounge and dining room
- Bar constructed around the hull of an old boat
For leisure and pleasure
- Cool off in the beautiful swimming pool overlooking the lake
- Daily game drives within Matusadona National Park
- Enjoy early morning/late afternoon walking safaris alongside expert guides
- Incredible fishing on Lake Kariba, the world’s largest man-made lake
- Photographic safaris with an experienced photographer
- Enjoy boat trips to Sanyati Gorge
- Fantastic birdwatching opportunities with over 350 different