Choose to stay at the quaint Ilala Lodge and you’ll find yourself within an eight-minute walk of the natural world wonder that is the Victoria Falls.
Those looking to stay close to the Victoria Falls on their luxury, tailor-made holiday to Zimbabwe will find Ilala Lodge the perfect retreat. A family-run property with a laidback atmosphere, Ilala not only boasts the closest geographical location to the Falls themselves, but an outdoor pool and plenty of space to relax amidst pretty landscaped gardens. A wide variety of activities are available to enjoy in the surrounding area. Take your pick from relaxing sunset cruises, game drives, white water rafting and, for the truly adventurous, bungee jumping off the Victoria Falls Bridge.
Rooms are spacious, uncluttered and elegantly appointed. Sliding patio doors open onto either the open lawn or a balcony with scenic views of the Falls. Railway sleeper teak furnishings hark back to the grandeur of days gone by. The staff are all friendly and attentive, and the award-winning Palm Restaurant offers a delightful alfresco fine dining experience surrounded by the sounds of the jungle and nearby cascades. Cast your eye over the green lawns for a chance to see grazing impala and warthog.
Ilala Lodge Hotel, at a glance
- Comfortable luxury hotel nestled in landscaped gardens on the Zimbabwean side of the Zambezi River
- 34 air-conditioned guestrooms and suites with ensuite bathrooms, separate showers, cosy king beds and railway teak furnishings
- Just an eight-minute walk to the Victoria Falls
- Friendly and courteous staff
- Award-winning Palm Restaurant open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and famed for its gourmet cuisine and extensive wine and cocktail menu
- Expansive deck with views over the Zambezi River
For leisure and pleasure
- Alfresco dining under the stars
- Outdoor swimming pool and poolside bar
- A range of activities in the nearby area, from white water rafting to bungee jumping
- Relaxing sunset cruises on the Zambezi River, perfect for viewing local bird and wildlife
- Guided tours of the Victoria Falls
- Scenic flights over the Falls
- Game drives in both the Victoria Falls National Park and Zambezi National Park