El Mangroove is a laidback and stylish resort in the coveted Papagayo Bay, which as its name suggests, is surrounded by lush mangroves, tropical trees and the sounds of nature.
Just steps from the chocolate coloured beach and the idyllic Papagayo Bay, the hotel is only a 20-minute drive from the international airport of Liberia.
Guest can swim, kayak and snorkel directly from the beach, or organise boat trips to neighbouring beaches. Nearby attractions include the Santa Rosa National Park and the colourful town of El Choco, but there is plenty to keep guests entertained at the hotel, including the hotels’ centre piece – a huge lap pool, surrounded by sun loungers and private cabanas.
There are 85 modern and stylish rooms, many of which are suitable for families and some of have ocean views. There are two restaurants for guests to choose from, but both offer a relaxed ambience and guests can enjoy both room and poolside service.
Yoga classes, a wild fitness circuit and 24-hour multifunctional gym are all available to guests and for those inspired by the ocean, stand-up paddle boarding, kayaking, fishing and even surfing can be organised. There are bikes available for guests too, which can be used to explore the nearby towns and beaches.
Open-air spa cabanas set amongst the mangroves and outdoor relaxation areas, make for the perfect place to switch off and relax at the start or end of a holiday.
El Mangroove, at a glance
- Chic and stylish ‘boho’ style hotel, overlooking the Bay of Culebra and ideal for families, single travellers and couples
- 85 comfortable and tastefully decorated rooms, with luxurious linens and modern amenities
- Only 20 minutes from Liberia airport and 15 minutes from the lively town of El Coco, where there is a choice of restaurants and bars
- Large infinity pool with deck chairs and private cabanas
- Relaxed dining environment at Matiss and Makoko restaurants, where 95% of ingredients are locally sourced
- Gym, spa and concierge service
For leisure and pleasure
- Just 150m from the chocolate coloured beach of Papagayo bay
- Relax on a cabana around the pool or organise a treatment in the hotel’s spa or outdoor treatment areas
- Take a kayak or go for a swim in the calm waters of the bay, where dolphins and turtles can often be seen
- Explore the area using the hotel’s own bikes or hire a car and discover the beaches further afield