Set among nine acres of beautiful gardens that overlook the gleaming waters of Lake Atitlan in Guatemala’s southwestern highlands, Casa Prana is the ultimate retreat.
Located on the edge of the lake, with no vehicle access to the property, visitors to Casa Prana arrive either by boat or helicopter. Wonderfully uncluttered and decorated with historic timepieces, each of the resort’s eight suites commands sensational views of the lake and surrounding volcanoes. As well as a beach volleyball court and outdoor gym, the property also has a sparkling pool and its own wellness centre where you can enjoy massages and private yoga sessions. Strolls through the flower-and-bird-filled gardens are always a highlight.
A huge volcanic crater framed by lush, steep hillsides, the dramatic beauty of Lake Atitlan is well known. When not admiring the beauty of the lake, you can explore authentic Mayan villages to discover coffee plantations, art galleries and textile markets, or take a personalised hiking tour around one of the area’s striking, pointed volcanoes. Zip lining and paragliding are available for the thrill seekers, whilst more leisurely pursuits include birdwatching, horseback riding and kayaking tours. After a day of adventures, unwind with the resort’s signature rejuvenating natural oil massage.
Casa Prana, at a glance
- Intimate resort on the shores of Lake Atitlan
- Set on nine acres of beautiful gardens filled with flowers and palm trees
- Just eight beautifully appointed suites, all with stunning views of the lake and surrounding volcanoes
- A la carte menu featuring fresh ingredients plucked from the organic garden and inspired by regional recipes
- Meals can be enjoyed in your own room, the Buddha Garden restaurant, the private Living Room or poolside
- The entire property can be booked on an exclusive basis
For leisure and pleasure
- Outdoor garden gym and state-of-the-art indoor gym
- Wellness centre offering signature massages and yoga sessions
- Beach volleyball court
- Zip lining and paragliding adventures
- Private lake tours and scuba diving
- Hiking, mountain biking, birdwatching and artisanal fishing
- Visits to local villages, markets and coffee plantations
- Kayaking excursions from Santa Cruz La Laguna to San Marcos