Set in Antigua’s historic centre, the quaint Hotel Sor Juana is a fitting base for exploring the colourful colonial architecture and fascinating ruins of this UNESCO-listed city.
This charming hotel was once part of a 17th century convent, the former home of Juana de Maldonado y Paz who has been described as one of the greatest poets of the colonial era. With its carved wooden headboards, exposed stone walls and rafters, Hotel Sor Juana feels very much in touch with times past. With a prime location in Antigua’s historic heart, guests enjoy easy access to the city’s landmark attractions as well as dining and shopping hotspots.
Accommodating just a handful of guests in five beautifully appointed rooms, Hotel Sor Juana ensures a high level of service. Each is comfortably furnished with ensuite facilities and locally made artisanal toiletries, while the best suites add fireplaces. The property also boasts beautiful gardens where meals are served, as well as a terrace where you can admire sensational views of the volcanoes that surround Antigua.
Hotel Sor Juana, at a glance
- Intimate boutique hotel with a wonderful location in Antigua’s historic centre
- Forms part of a 17th century convent, the former home of poet Juana de Maldonado
- Charming historic design with exposed wooden rafters and stone walls
- Two standard rooms and three luxury suites, each with a private ensuite bathroom
- Warm and personalised service
- Al fresco dining in the hotel’s beautiful gardens
For leisure and pleasure
- Charming rooftop terrace with spectacular views over the Agua, Fuego and Acatenango volcanoes
- Close proximity to popular landmarks such as the Church of San Francisco and the Cathedral de Santiago, as well as a number of fine museums
- Just steps from the city’s prime dining and shopping opportunities
- Massage facilities
- Yoga classes (upon request)