Set just across the Moskva River from Red Square, the five-star Hotel Baltschug Kempinski commands a fine view of the Kremlin and colourful domes of St Basil’s Cathedral.
Choose to stay at the Baltschug Kempinski on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Russia, and you’ll find yourself at the very heart of Moscow, within striking distance of attractions like the Tretyakov Gallery and The Cathedral of Christ the Saviour. The hotel’s Les Clefs d’Or concierge can arrange guided tours of the main sights, as well as reservations for theatres, museums and restaurants. The level of service at the Baltschug, for which Kempinski is renowned, is outstanding.
Though the building itself dates all the way back to 1898, the Baltshug today feels bright and modern with its refined, renovated interiors, contemporary decor and up-to-date amenities. The majority of the rooms and suites, which are generous in size and incredibly comfortable, enjoy views of the Kremlim or St Basil’s Cathedral.
Delicious Russian breakfasts (think pancakes with red caviar and sour cream) are prepared daily at the Baltschug Grill, whilst the cosy Lobby Lounge is a wonderful spot to enjoy homemade desserts and High Tea. Meanwhile, Café Kranzler is on track to become one of the city’s most sought-after restaurants, complete with a lovely outdoor summer terrace. Finally, the Baltschug has an impressive set of wellness facilities, including a state-of-the-art gym, indoor swimming pool, two saunas and tailor-made spa treatments.
Hotel Baltschug Kempinski, at a glance
• Historic hotel with exquisite views of over Kremlin and St Basil’s Cathedral
• Dating back to 1898, and set in the historic district of Zamoskvorechye
• 227 elegantly appointed rooms, including 36 spacious suites
• Marble-clad bathrooms with luxury toiletries
• Refined, contemporary decor combined with first-class amenities
• Impeccable service from a discreet and polite team of staff
• Restaurants include the Baltschug Grill, Cafe Kransler bar & terrace and the Lobby Lounge
For leisure and pleasure
• Nearby attractions include the Kremlin, Red Square, St Basil’s Cathedral, Zaryadye Park, Tretyakov Gallery and Bolshoi Theatre
• Concierge can arrange guided tours of Moscow’s main sights
• Wine Room where you can dine on superb food paired with Europe’s finest wines
• Enjoy homemade pastries, desserts and High Tea in the Lobby Lounge
• Spa and fitness area with a gym, swimming pool, whirlpool bath, saunas and beauty centre
• Library Room with sweeping views across the river and Kremlin
• Barber shop and boutique on the ground floor