Experience a stay in one of Reykajavik’s oldest, most revered buildings at the stylish boutique Hotel Apotek.
Dating back to 1917, the building was designed by one of Iceland’s most influential architects, Guðjón Samúelsson, who also designed some of the city’s other celebrated structures including the Hallgrímskirkja Church. It originally housed the Reykavik Apothecary (hence the name), with many original features dutifully restored and integrated into the hotel’s sleek, contemporary design. 45 luxuriously appointed guestrooms and suites make up the accommodation. All are equipped with modern amenities and thoughtful touches like insulated windows and blackout curtains to ensure a peaceful night’s sleep.
The property enjoys a prime location in the heart of Reykavik’s bustling shopping, entertainment and cultural district - a mere stroll away from the City Hall, Tjörnin Lake and wonderful historic museums, including the National Museum of Iceland. Alongside a stylish cocktail bar where artisanal cocktails are mixed by expert “pharmacists”, the hotel has its own restaurant where an exciting blend of Icelandic and European dishes are served alongside an Argentinean grill.
Hotel Apotek, at a glance
- Contemporary boutique hotel set in a historic five-storey building dating back to the early 1900s
- Prime central location in Reykjavik’s downtown area
- Modern design aesthetic with original artwork from sculptor Guðmundur Einarsson
- 45 beautifully designed guestrooms with uncluttered interiors and parquet floors
- Wonderful amenities including ensuite facilities, walk-in rain showers, black-out curtains and insulated windows
- Views looking out over Austurvöllur square or Austurstræti street
For leisure and pleasure
- Prime location in the city’s dining, shopping and theatre district
- Within walking distance of attractions like the National Museum of Iceland, the Tjörnin and Lake Laugavegur shopping street
- Fun cocktail bar serving pharmaceutical-themed cocktails
- Casual-smart restaurant serving creative European cuisine
- Personable, down-to-earth service