94 individually designed bedrooms, a brasserie serving classic French cuisine and a 16th century wine cellar combine at this hidden Stockholm gem.
Family-owned Hotel Kungstradgarden feels like a peaceful oasis in the middle of Stockholm’s bustling heart. Originally built in 1764 for Countess Eva Beilke, many of the property’s original 18th century features have since been lovingly restored. The lavishness of the Gustavian-era lives on in the intricate woodwork, grand armchairs and stucco details of the elegant guestrooms. Accessed by little hallways, the bathrooms come with separate showers and tubs.
Stockholm’s incredibly preserved medieval old town, Gamla Stan, is within walking distance, while those looking to enjoy a little opera will find the Royal Swedish Opera House just around the corner. The superb concierge team are on hand to assist with any reservations, sightseeing or bicycle rentals. When it comes to dining, the on-site Brasserie Makalos serves authentic French cuisine in the glass-roofed courtyard. There’s also an attractive wine bar where you can reflect over the day’s adventures beneath the glow of one of Europe’s largest crystal chandeliers.
Hotel Kungstradgarden, at a glance
- Private, family-owned hotel situated next to the King’s Garden in Stockholm’s centre
- Gustavian architecture with original 18th century features
- 94 rooms, including five suites, elegantly decorated in Gustavian-style furniture, brass lamps and soft, muted colours
- Bathrooms with separate showers and tubs
- Upscale French Brasserie offering delicious meals, music and wine in beautiful surroundings
- Inviting ‘home away from home’ atmosphere
For leisure and pleasure
- Within walking distance of The Royal Palace and Royal Swedish Opera House
- Situated just opposite the Gallerian shopping mall
- Easy access to the narrow streets and grand buildings of Stockholm’s old town
- Sparkling glass-roofed courtyard adorned with one of Europe’s largest chandeliers
- Prestigious Les Clefs d’Or concierge service
- 16th century private wine cellar