Head to the beautiful rooftop terrace to drink in far-reaching views over sparkling Lake Zurich and the snowy Alps beyond.
The Ambassador Zurich once formed part of the old Uro Castle, which was originally built in the late 19th century. Today, the hotel complements its stately Neo-Baroque architecture with chic, contemporary interiors and traditional, individually decorated guestrooms. Select rooms have balconies with views to the Opera House, whilst all enjoy feather-soft beds, Nespresso coffee machines, air conditioning and HD flat screen TVs.
As soon as you step out from the hotel you’ll find yourself directly opposite to the Zürich Opera House and within steps of the lake where boat rentals allow you to get straight onto the water. You can explore nearby galleries and museums before heading back for a glass of champagne in the laidback lobby lounge. For dinner, the Opera Restaurant offers fine French cuisine prepared using fresh and locally sourced ingredients. The star of the show, however, is the stylish rooftop bar where you can relax and soak in amazing views over the city’s rooftops and lake all the way to the Alps.
Ambassador Zurich, at a glance
- A charming boutique hotel located opposite to the Zürich Opera House
- Neo-Baroque architecture with sophisticated, modern interiors
- Part of the former Uro Castle dating back to 1898
- 44 individually decorated guestrooms
- In-room amenities include air-conditioning, coffee/tea maker, complimentary Wi-Fi, telephone and HD TVs
- Sustainable fine dining and hearty Swiss breakfasts at the elegant Opera Restaurant
For leisure and pleasure
- Fabulous roof terrace, The View, with uninterrupted views of the lake
- 24-hour room service
- Close to the lakeshore, St Peter’s and Augustinergasse
- Relaxed lobby lounge
- Recharging station for electric cars