Be one of the first to get a bird’s eye view of this remote Himalayan kingdom when the world’s highest hot air balloon flight takes off from the Gangtey Goenpa Lodge later this year.
Gliding over the Phobjikha Valley, a 450-year-old Buddhist monastery, golden-roofed temples, and forests that are home to leopard and bear are just some of the delights of this new high-flying sightseeing experience.
The ballooning is just one of the highlights of a revealing journey through Bhutan which combines the exclusive retreats of Uma Paro and Uma Punakha, each offering rest and relaxation in a spectacular setting.
• 11 day journey through Bhutan (with additional first night in Kathmandu).
• International flights to Kathmandu with Qatar Airways.
• Druk Air flights to Paro.
• 5 night Himalayan Explorer with COMO including: 3 nights Uma Paro, 2 nights
• Uma Punakha, Uma guides for that period, a sixty minute massage and all meals.
• 4 nights Gangtey Goenpa Lodge (half board).
• 1 night Thimphu (local hotel) including all meals.
• Transport and guiding throughout.
• Government royalties & Airport tax.
Read about Martin Fletcher's experience in the Financial Times here.