Located in a serene neighbourhood of southern Goa, the Postcard Cuelium is a smart, eight-room boutique hotel combining historic charm with modern comforts.
Looking out over 3,500 acres of verdant paddy fields, the Postcard Cuelim is a real historic gem centred on a 350-year-old chapel. Rooms feature a baroque design with stained glass, colonial antiques, elegant four-poster beds and chic teak fittings. Meals at the hotel typically feature the Goan staples of fish, curry and rice, though the talented chefs - given good notice - are happy to prepare meals to order.
The pool and tranquil, walled gardens combine to make for a truly peaceful stay. With the beach just a 15-minute walk away, leisurely strolls along the sands are always on the menu, as well as surfing lessons with local pros. Make use of the hotel’s complimentary bikes to explore the local area, or get a deeper insight on a heritage walk with a friendly local guide. And if you’re in need a complete detox, the hotel’s in-house Ayurveda specialists are on hand to provide you with a variety of relaxing massages and treatments.
The Postcard Cuelim, at a glance
- Historic boutique hotel located in the quiet village of Cuelim in southern Goa
- Many original features, from the patterned tiles to the 350-year-old chapel at the heart of the property
- Eight rooms with an authentic, understated decor, colonial antiques, king beds, white linens and dark wood furnishings
- A la carte breakfasts featuring fresh fruit, juices and regional delicacies
- Delicious lunches and dinners centred on traditional Goan dishes
- Relaxing views of vast green paddy fields
- Colonial style decor with a modern touch
For leisure and pleasure
- Peaceful grounds and gardens provide a tranquil haven
- Just 15 minutes from the beach
- On-site spa offering a range of traditional massages and treatments from Ayurveda experts
- Private guided excursions including heritage walks and cycling tours
- Visit the local market and learn how to prepare traditional Goan recipes
- Enjoy surf lessons
- Go birdwatching in the Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary
- Relax in the inviting pool area
- Make use of the badminton court