With a serene riverside location, elegant thatched cottages and picturesque jungle panoramas, Barahi Jungle Lodge provides a wonderful stay close to Chitwan National Park.
Lining the banks of the Rapti River in the quaint village of Tharus, Barahi Jungle Lodge is a place for both relaxation and memorable wilderness experiences. All 35 guestrooms have large bathrooms, 32” televisions and private balconies where you can take in your own personal view of the river and jungle. The Tharu-inspired interiors are both modern and reflective of the natural surroundings, with the use of traditional Nepalese furnishings, natural materials and luxurious linens.
The lodge sits opposite to Chitwan National Park, and offers guests a variety of ways to explore this rich wilderness. You can choose from boat rides, jeep safaris, and nature walks, all offering a unique insight into the region. Village visits can be arranged for those looking to delve deeper into the culture of Chitwan, whilst Tharu dance and music performances can be enjoyed in the evenings. When you’re not exploring, you can relax by the beautiful infinity pool or in the spa.
Barahi Jungle Lodge, at a glance
- Luxury, eco-friendly lodge set in 30 acres of forest in Chitwan
- Architecture and design inspired by local Tharu villages with the use of local bamboo and sustainable wood
- 35 thatched cottages including one family suite
- Private balconies open onto beautiful views of the park and river
- Spacious bathrooms with showers or bathtubs
- Thatched roofs, wildlife-inspired décor and wooden furniture combined with contemporary facilities like air conditioning and flat screen TVs
- Experienced team of naturalists
- River-side bar and delicious multi-cuisine dining using organic, locally produced ingredients
For leisure and pleasure
- Enjoy the large infinity pool
- Morning, afternoon and full day jeep safaris in World Heritage-listed Chitwan National Park, looking out for Bengal tigers, the greater one-horned rhino, elephants, sloth bears and leopards
- Canoeing along the Rapti River
- Bird watching and nature walks
- Visit a local village on foot or via a bullock cart
- Wellness spa offering Ayurvedic treatments